Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Day

Today has been (is) such a busy day. Jason and I are taking the IHS class (new members class) at our church, but we missed last week's class due to our trip to the mountains. So we had to make up the class today at 8:00 (early for us!!), then we attended the regular class at 9:00. We finished up at church around 11:30 and headed to McAlister's for a quick lunch. Then it was off to the soccer fields where Ethan *almost* scored a goal in his game. (This bigger, faster kid on our team swooped around Ethan and stole the ball!! Grrrrrr.....doesn't he know you aren't supposed to steal the ball from your own teammate???) Now I have about 15 minutes before my stamping group arrives for a class. I'll sooo be ready for an early bedtime tonight!



So that leads me to my recipe for today. I want something easy that you can make on a busy day like I had today. A slow-cooked crock pot recipe would be perfect. Looking through our index of recipes though, I don't see very many crock pot recipes. (So, if you have any you'd like to pass along, please e-mail me. *hint*hint*) I LOVE MY CROCK POT! Here is a great crockpot recipe that is absolutely delicious. It's one of mine and Jason's all-time favorites. And you can't even tell it's another Weight Watcher's recipe! Make it this week and let me know what you think.

Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash
2 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1 teaspoon paprika
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup chicken broth
1 lb. uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ cup fat-free sour cream

Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and red pepper. Sauté 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds more. Spoon mixture into a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Add broth.

Cut each chicken breast into 4 long strips; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting 5 to 6 hours.

Stir together flour and sour cream in a cup (to prevent the cream from curdling in slow cooked dishes). Stir mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until the mixture is thick and hot, about 10 minutes more.

Note: Weight Watchers – makes 4 servings at 4 points per serving.

No comments: