Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Even I make mistakes!

So my dear old dad (yes, that's you Abbie) sends me an e-mail yesterday to let me know that I got some info wrong on a couple of recipes. For those of you who are keeping track, I have corrected the first one that he pointed out - the sausage balls recipe from October 15th. Apparently there should only be 2 cups of Bisquick (not 3) and no water. The second recipe he pointed out was the Cheese Soup recipe from October 16th. He remembers Aunt Judy's original recipe where she chops the frozen Italian vegetables a bit in the blender. You can do that, but I never have and the recipe is still delicious. It is a matter of personal taste I suppose, and I love big chunks of the good stuff in my soup.

Thanks for the help, Abbie. I love you!

If anyone else catches an error in any of the recipes I post, please e-mail me right away and I'll correct them (or argue a point).

So to end this post, I am posting a recipe that you really can't mess up. It's my Grandmother Mava's recipe for the most delicious fruit salad. I look forward to having this at our family's holiday dinners, but of course you can make it any time of year. It's not super healthy because of all the sugar, but I'm sure you can lighten it up with Splenda instead. Let me know how that works out if you decide to try it with Splenda.

To the left is a picture of my mom, grandma, sister and me at Christmas 2004. I am sure we had Grandma's fruit salad at dinner. Yummy!




Fruit Salad

Apples
Oranges
Grapes
Pineapple chunks, drained
2 cups sugar
Pecan halves
Maraschino cherries, reserve juice

Cut fruit into bite-sized chunks in a large bowl. Add pecans and cherries. Cover with sugar and add some juice from the cherries. Stir and set in refrigerator for a while – even better overnight.

No comments: