Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Finally!

Three years ago, I had the brilliant idea that I would publish a cookbook containing all of my family and friends' favorite, tried-and-true recipes. The thought was that I would be preserving and sharing a very important piece of our family history. Everyone knows the heart of the home is in the kitchen. That is where everyone gathers, and food is the center of many social, holiday and family events. So, what better way to preserve our cherished memories than through the recipes from our grandmothers and our moms (and everyone who has ever cooked something memorable throughout our lives)?

Unfortunately, in the last three years, limited time and resources ($$$) have prevented me from completing my project. I have researched different ways to print the book, and I have collected hundreds of recipes from all of you. However, for the few number of books I need to print, no matter how you print it, the cost is prohibitive.

This morning, the thought dawned on me to publish the book virtually (and freely) instead. This way we are not limited to sharing just the recipes I have collected thus far; we can continue to share with each other new dishes as we come across them and as we try and succeed at new and fabulous recipes! This will be an ongoing project, so check back often and I'll do my best to upload a new recipe every day. If you would like to share a new recipe here, shoot me an e-mail or post a comment here on this blog.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: